[Ti] A real world comparison

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Fri Jun 10 11:05:19 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 10:48 PM, "~flipper" <lord.flipper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to watch video interviews in Safari this evening, with QT
> 7.0.1 Pro, choices at the Apple store were QT, Real, or Win Media...
> I have all the apps. Safari says, Win media plugin not loaded, then
> the video plays anyway...huh? meanwhile the QuickTime window is still
> 'negotiating'... nice.

Check your QT Preferences, specifically the Transport Protocol. For some
bizarre reason, every update of QT defaults the Transfer Protocols back to
UDP. No one seems to know what the hell UDP is or why the hell Apple
defaults back to it.

Change your settings manually to HTTP and Port 80. I'd bet the issues clear
up.

> And the Apple "Pro" keyboards. I use a 14 dollar compaq board on
> a 7 year old PC at work. it feels terrific compared to the Apple. The
> Apple feels like the keys are sitting in a nice bed of warm oatmeal,
> in comparison.

Keyboards, like mice, are very personal things. Some like the Apple
keyboards, others don't. I personally like they old ADB "Clackety clack"
ones that made a hellacious racket. Matias Corp makes a "replica" of it.

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer