[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Mon Nov 28 19:00:27 PST 2005

Chris Olson said:
>VMWare.  But there's some caveats in porting PowerPC code to x86.
If there are performance problems with the kernel, as anandtech and other
sources have hinted I hope they address that problem in the process.
Because migrating to another processor won't make that better, right?
I get into constant battles with my film and music making friend
concerning the performance of OS X. He's been let down with performance
since we moved from OS 9. Currently he uses a dual 2.5 G5 with 4GB RAM.
Findings and speculations that the OS X kernel could perform a lot better
doesn't make him much happier.

>Your virtual machines will probably perform better than OS X.
Would VMWares current featureset let you run OS X and Windows side by
side? If they ever will support OS X that is. Anyone know if there have
been any announced support plans for OS X?