[Ti] Modem in paradise

whiteoakart at provide.net whiteoakart at provide.net
Fri Oct 14 04:34:57 PDT 2005

10 years ago, my wife and I started a family and built our
dream house on 12 acres of hardwoods and a pond. We
outfitted it with Cat5, since we both rely on the computers
to make our livings. Now, because we are in a development
with acreage, cable will not come here, nor DSL. Less than
a mile away, they have both.

I am not complaining, I love my personal paradise. My
children see wild turkeys, foxes, minks. And can tell a
water snake from a harmless garter. I am a short drive to
Ann Arbor and its wealth of culture. However, I could not
live without my MODEM! As it is, I drive to the library to
upload/download big graphic files, but it's a nuisance and
a waste of natural resources. SBC tells me eventually DSL
will get here. They have been saying that for 3 years.

Until then, don't take away my telephone jack!

p.s. I have a 667 PB Ti AND a G5 desktop. I love them both.

David L. Allen
Principal Designer
White Oak Services, LLC

"Discovery is seeing what everyone has seen, and thinking
what no one has thought."   -Albert Szent-Gyorgi