[Ti] Just turned off Spotlight and now everything's much faster.

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Fri Oct 14 20:35:31 PDT 2005

So I've got a 1.67 ghz pb with 1 gig of ram and it was running very
very slowly so I recently
added SPOTLIGHT=-NO- to /etc/hostconfig rebooted and it seems to be
running a lot faster now.

Has anybody turned off spotlight had this experience?

One problem is search in Mail.app isn't enabled anymore but I maybe
able to live without that.

Ideally I'd like be able to update my indexes nightly and turn off
real time updating if this is the culprit for the slowness I was seeing.