[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Apr 6 18:24:36 PDT 2006

At 5:44 PM -0500, 4/6/06, Chris Olson wrote:

>On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>It crashed just because you were asking it to Open 40+ applications
>>at the same time? Shame on Apple. They should allow us to do that
>>without crashing.
>
>My Mac mini PowerPC 1.25 Ghz w/512 MB RAM does it without a hitch.
>So does my old PowerBook G4/400 Mhz w/1.0 GB RAM.  Not fast, but it
>completes the task.  So does my PowerBook G4/1.67 w/2 GB RAM.  So
>does my dual PowerMac G4 w/2 GB RAM.
>
>Since virtually every PowerPC G4 or better Mac I've ever tried it on
>is capable of doing it, I expect the new stuff to do it too.
>
>BTW - this "test" is ...

I'm gunna start out by saying that you love to talk over people's
heads. While all of what you went on to ramble about may be true, it
does nothing to answer the question above. The point that I made
above was that your showing us the you can crash a Mac by asking it
to open 40+ applications is a meaningless, worthless test as no
person would ever need to do that. It is irrelevant that your
previous computers could do it. So what? No one needs to do it. Show
us something that causes the Mac to crash 'in front of God and
everyone' that we will realistically need to do and we'll listen.

You've been ranting for more than a year at how foolish it is that
Apple has gone to the Intel processor and how this is the death of
Apple but it just doesn't seem to playing out that way by anyone
else's measure of success, not the stock market, nor any industry
commentators. Just you. But go ahead and tell us all the meaningful,
scientific reasons why you are right. I know you will. So just go
ahead.
--

Robert Ameeti

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
            -- Aristotle