[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Mon Apr 10 09:28:39 PDT 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Jesse Brown wrote:

> My next test will be to load XP under "Parallels Workstation beta"
> and see
> how it does compared to the dual boot configuration.

Just a word of caution there...

Once you launch the beta, and you try to sleep your Intel Mac - it
may crash on wake-up. Mine does, and I've read others do as well. It
may be related to the way it "virtualizes".

Like VirtualPC, it has extensions that you can activate to allow
seamless transitions between XP and OS X (haven't loaded them myself
yet)

Check the Parallels forum if you haven't already

There are video drivers that allow you to have different screen
resolutions

It runs well on the mini, I can't say much for the MacBook.

John