[Ti] verifying permission freezes

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Thu Jan 26 17:47:04 PST 2006

Any insight into the following is welcomed.

I ran Cocktail (latest version) and it hung while verifying permissions.
I also ran Onxy and it did the same.

I booted from my back updrive and ran disk utility on my tibooks
harddrive.
Disk utility also hung while verifying permissions.

Upon quitting the disk utility I of course got the warning
concerning quitting may render the disk useless.
Fortunately it didn't because I booted back up on my tibook

Before booting back to the tibook I ran Diskwarrior and
rebuilt/replaced the volume structure etc...
and then restarted.  Also disk utility structure repair was fine.
I haven't tried running cocktail or onyx yet.  They worked wonderfully
for me for the last 2 years.

So I am a bit worried about the state of my HD.
Suggestions on how to proceed with this?

regards
tim

tim.molnar
http://www.digitaltao.ca