[Ti] Powerbook display half black

Raymond J. Mas rjmas1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 13:28:55 PDT 2007

A month or so ago, I was on a business trip giving PowerPoint presentations
with a projector connected to my PowerBook Titanium G4 1.25 with an Apple
VGA connector.

Since then my display has the tendency to go half black, and I have to move
the display up and down until it goes back to normal. I tried plugging the
VGA adapter back in, and although the problem is still there, it is clearly
less so.

I am woe to open my Powerbook, and I've heard about the orange monitor
ribbon and how difficult it is to fix a loose one.

Judging from my experience with the VGA adapter, might the port itself be a
bit loose, and is that easier to get to than the orange ribbon?

Thanks.

Ray