[Ti] drive Matshita UJ-845s not spinning up disc occasionally

MB digital.discuss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 01:59:21 PDT 2008

Malcolm Cornelius said:

>DL burning didn't come until the last revision of the ALs IIRC.
The 1.0 Ghz had a superdrive, didn't it? Isn't that D/L? What to expect
from a machine have really been rising since the titaniums were new,
haven't it?

>>> Is there any pattern to the discs it won't read ?  Old burnt ones,
>>> any
>>> burnt ones or maybe only reads ones burnt on it ?
>> There's no patterns like that. It will read all discs finally, if it
>> does spin up. Which gives me some hope at least.
>
>Given the cost of drives now, I'd save the hassle and worry and just
>replace it.

Which I might have to do at some point, but there's no cash for that
during the summer for me, as it is a downperiod business-wise. I do have
a fallback drive for reading discs, so when I've done some backups
burning with the drive, I'll replace with that for the time being.

Any suggestion on what drive to replace with? I'd prefer a Pioneer
mechanism, but I'm not sure which drives have that.