[Ti] Ti - progressively slowing down

David Stodolsky david.stodolsky at socialinformatics.org
Tue Jun 24 11:22:23 PDT 2008

On 24 Jun 2008, at 19:33, mystshummer wrote:

> 1.   Is my Ti just dying? I know that it's too slow for Leopard, but
> is running the latest OS right before Leopard's release. Would
> installing a new interior HD, bigger of course help, or just save
> the $$$

You should have a minimum of ten percent free on your boot disk to
avoid slowdowns.

> 2. On the MacBook Pro, is Apple going to admit that it's a known
> problem?

No. I have one of the G4 iBooks that was proven to have a
manufacturing defect. No way to get the money back without a court or
other legally binding order. I also have a MacBook that died from a
know defect - random shutdowns. It was fixed, but the fix also died in
the same way after the guarantee period. Didn't even try to get any
help on that.

Apple has taken to lying to its customers and producing products of a
lower quality.

The first to be hit by sleazy tactics were small dealers who helped
Apple get thru the hard times - they have been cut off.
The small user of servers is now being screwed. If you don't have
$6,000/yr for a service contract, to bad.

A comment to the Server List:

The Mac interface died with OS9. Mac OS X is like an old version of
Windows - a nice GUI that generates a command (line). (Of course,
nothing could be as bad as Windows.) The iPod is the new Apple
interface, and eventually it will not be worth retrofitting to the
current Birth Defect. (People are already reporting they can do biz
while traveling with only the iPhone.) Of course, this is of little
concern for a Server, but that will long gone by the time Apple
finally destroys its remaining Good Will by axing the client, while
continuing to claim, "It just works". But hey, what can we expect?
Without cashing out the Good Will, shareholders would end up short
changed.

dss

PS: I have a thread from the Server List that covers the topic, if
anyone wants it.

David Stodolsky  davidstodolsky at mac.com  Skype: davidstodolsky