[Ti] Re: Blueray in Macs [was 10.5.3]

Ralph LEWIS maccare at gwi.net
Fri May 30 17:58:28 PDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Carter Lawson wrote:

> at 5:16 PM (EDT) on 5/30/08 Dennis Fazio wrote:
>
>> There is speculation that Steve Jobs is thinking further ahead than
>> BlueRay and that the format war caused enough delay to effectively
>> kill off both options. He's moving on to Internet-based content; the
>> need for physical media distribution of music and movies is coming to
>> an end. No need for a BlueRay device in all the Macs. Those who want
>> or need them badly enough can get firewire/USB externals. Most others
>> will just go the AppleTV route.
>
> It's a real stretch to claim that forcing Mac buyers to accept an
> older
> DVD technology is evidence of thinking ahead.

<snip>

> After all, isn't this kind of behavior
> more like the Apple we all know where decisions aren't to benefit the
> end user so much as to benefit the bottom line, like any corporation?

This is the most insulting comment I have seen in a long time, In my
long association servicing apple computers and their users, I have
found Apple to be the most user friendly maker of equipment and
software that I have ever run across. They are usually on the leading
edge of technology, introducing new innovative technology far ahead of
the industry and having their technology copied by the others.
HDTV and Blueray have been in contention for some time. Blue ray is
much more expensive but now that it seems to have won the technology
war I am sure it will show up in Macintosh computers in the near
future, and hopefully be lower in cost. Wait to see what develops. We
have also progressed far beyond the Titanium Mac. New item are being
introduced all the time.
Get with it and see what comes out of Cupertino.