[X-Apps] Problem DAVE Network Configuration

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 07:09:46 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003, at 09:15 America/New_York, Robert Poland
wrote:

> y dumb question - Do you have file sharing on the Mac turned ON?

Thanks for your response

The dumbness is on my part
With DAVE,at the Mac, you first have to open System preferences; and
there you will find a Dave Share Icon under Other
Clicking on this icon makes available File -selection - for -sharing
-with -the- PC panels.
After doing this, I was able to see the G4 icon ( not he G3 icon) at
the PC Network Neighborhood panel, and was able to some some files with
compatible Win software applications.

But  for my personal use, Dave is over-kill especially at $149 a pop!
I have since uninstalled it

Back to working smb.
Under smb. I still am hacking around to solve the problem of not seeing
the G4 at the PC. There must be some way to do what Dave does, that is,
some selection process under smb to allow the PC to File share with the
Mac

Albert