[X-Apps] iTunes Info to Appleworks

Scott j-scotty at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 23:54:21 PST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:50 PM, Gretchen Hayman wrote:

> On Monday, Feb 3, 2003, at 14:25 US/Central, Mike Warren wrote:
>
>> The iTunes scripts download (2.1 megs!) from the AppleScripts site
>> includes a folder of AppleWorks templates.
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/applescript/itunes/index.html
>
> Just because I'm paranoid, I have to ask.  Does the script listed on
> this site for 10.1 and iTunes 2.0.3 play _nicely_ with Jaguar (10.2.3,
> specifically) and iTunes 3?  Just curious. :)
>
> And thanks for the link!
>
> Gretchen

Just because I'm not paranoid enough at times, and because I've grown
used to using my own machines as guinea pigs:

Yep.

It only does CD labels for an Avery 5931/8931 CD insert, but it works.
You need to install some parts in your ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts, and
some in Appleworks' starting points, and there's some fonts too. It
also sits for a few seconds between progress indicators, so it looks
like it's hung. If you're patient, and wait a few seconds, it'll finish
up nicely.

Note - you do need to have a CD insert (that you just installed) open
in Appleworks before running the script.

--
Scott