[X-Apps] Safari connecting to router

Dan Frakes lists at danfrakes.com
Sun Feb 9 12:25:50 PST 2003

John B. Thoo <jb2 at ms.yuba.cc.ca.us> wrote:
> Hi. I was unable to connect to our Linksys router 192.168.1.1 using
> Safari; instead, I had to use OmniWeb. Has anyone else had this
> problem? Thanks.

We have a MacSense router, which is basically a rebranded LinkSys, and we
can connect to it, but the links don't work, as others here have reported.

The problem is technically not with Safari, but with the router. If you
examine the source code of the router's admin page, it doesn't contain
proper HTML for the links. Since Safari is pretty standards-based, it
doesn't work. I emailed Apple about it using the bug report form (since
they'll probably respond before LinkSys or MacSense would bother to change
the HTML in the router's firmware.

Strangely, Chimera also doesn't work with the router -- it never refreshes
pages after changes are made.