[X-Apps] Virex 7.2

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Tue Feb 18 10:18:30 PST 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003, at 07:25 US/Central, William Lane wrote:

> At the root level of your HD check to see that you have a folder
> called sw   It is essential to Virex.

Well, the /sw directory is also essential to fink (unix package
manager), which I'm fairly certain used it before the Virex folks did.
I think the Virex folks screwed up here with Virex 7.2; the fink folks
have already notified McAfee.

So, if you have fink and Virex 7.2 installed, one or both may be
screwed up.  For more details about this mess, check out the McAfee
forums:
<http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/
viewtopic.php?t=6318&sid=33d08f3c34f7e09dc546aa1ddf1c299c>

HTH
Gretchen