[X-Apps] Mail App. 1.2.3 (v551) - Fetch Loop

Thomas Karns tomak223 at mac.com
Wed Feb 19 18:35:29 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 06:18 PM, Andrew J. Yon III wrote:

>   One poster, and I apologize to that person for losing the orig.
> post, suggested that it might be  timing out and that I should use
> entourage. I have it but prefer mail.app to it. I have gotten my mail
> that way but really want to fix mail.app. I have looked to see if the
> server was actually timing out and believe it is waiting on mail.app
> to finish. I let it sit all day with only mail.app running and set to
> check mail at 5 min. intervals, it finally did retrieve all 2609
> emails plus 46 more that came in before it had finished.

You may have already done this.  Go to
mail->preferences->accounts->edit [the account that is giving you a
problem]->Advanced.  There you will find the options for when to delete
mail from the server.  You can set it to remove immediately.  There is
a button that says remove now, that I have never needed.  Maybe that
will work for this problem account.  You also may be able to have your
service provider empty your box for you.  Good luck.

Tom K.