iDisk

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Mon Feb 24 17:16:22 PST 2003

So I'm a bit mad. I have a .Mac account. And a business associate
wanted to send me a 32 MB file, part of a job I'm getting paid for.
This is a Mac-savvy person, running OS X. I said "Just put it in my
public folder. He couldn't do it. I sent him iDisk utility and he still
couldn't access my public folder.

So I got intrigued. I went to Apple's site and for the life of me I
can't see any way--obvious or subtle--to put a file on a .Mac user's
public folder. Shouldn't this be a big, bright button? What am I
missing here? Why should I have to set this person up as an ftp user
with my hosted site to get a miserable 32 MB file? Grr.

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com