[X-Apps] Voice to Text program

Judy Antipin jlap at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 09:49:16 PST 2003

Dragon Naturally Speaking and IBM ViaVoice are two products with Mac
versions for speech to text. The problem with both, as far as I'm aware,
is that they have to be trained to recognize the voice of single users,
so they don't work for transcribing interviews, for example, of
different people. They are really office products. I have been searching
high and low for a long time for a program on either Mac or PC platform
that can be accurately used with many voices, since I do a lot of
interviewing, but have been unsuccessful in this.

Judy Antipin