[X-Apps] Powermac4u

William Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Thu May 8 14:05:07 PDT 2003

In addition to my own comments below,

I LOVE Macs but,

1. Who has seen a warehouse for Macs as large as the one on the
website? That would hold a LOT of Macs!

2. Warranty -            " Does the computer have AppleCare? No, all
computers come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty only". Hmmmm. Not
the way any Apple dealer I've dealt with works.

3. New? or Not?  -  "Product condition: All products we sell are New
unless otherwise stated."

OK, so why then this that immediately follows?

"We try or best to describe any major product defects (i.e.large
scratches, dings, broken plastic etc.) Otherwise the product has been
under normal wear and tear. We will try or best to describe the
condition of the product as best as possible."

Apple certainly doesn't ship stuff to sell 'new' with 'large scratches,
dings etc.'.

4. Web Site itself - No phone number, no physical address(es), looking
at the source code it's pretty darn straight forward, not a meta-tag in
sight.

I'm suspicious

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 02:49  PM, William Lane wrote:

> Further to the below, I've been to Beautiful B.C. and Vancouver many
> times, here's an interesting tidbit
>
> Vancouver Dog Owners Association
> #401-1917 West 4th Ave, Vancouver, B.C. V6J 1M7
> <info at vandog.ca>
>
> Seems that POWERMAC4U is missing an suite or unit number.
>
> As well, note that in B.C. area codes are either 604 or 250. I don't
> know of any that are 778.  Mind you a person can forward a phone from
> anywhere to anywhere...
>
> As well, the 'Store Locator' feature on Apple Canada's site has no
> info on PowerMac4U
__
William Lane
Calgary Canada