Indexing

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sat May 10 16:01:39 PDT 2003

I have just updated to OSX 10.2.6 and now find when I take the
following path :- HD > File > Get Info > Content Index, the status says
"indexing";   the "Stop Indexing" window is live, but no date appears,
nor is there any blue shown in the  progress line.   If I click onto
the "Stop Indexing" button it goes blue while I hold the mouse down,
but nothing happens when I release it.       However,  when I later
search for a recently created file the" Search" function is able to
find it.

Prior to installing 10.2.6 I was able to see the progress being made
with indexing and it informed me when the process was completed.   A
friend who purchased an iMac last year has never been able to get his
Content Index to work (mine now appears the same as his ) and an
enquiry on our own Apple Club Digest  yielded no response.  He is using
10.2.5.

Can anyone help please?

Ian Tucker,
Adelaide.