[X-Apps] Itunes adjustments

Mike Warren tvillemw at alltel.net
Tue May 13 06:40:31 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 05:16  AM, Glen (Planet) wrote:
> I've been recently enjoying iTunes and would know like to make some
> adjustments to the radio programmes I can stream through the internet.
> Firstly, I'd like to remove some of the prelisted entries and secondly
> I'd
> like to add programmes (BBC and CBC among two). But, I've gone through
> the
> help files and I've tried to tinker with the programme, and I cannot
> figure
> it out. Anyone care to guide me through the process.

I don't worry about the "prelisted entries." I drag the stations I like
to a playlist I created called "radio bookmarks."

There may be easier ways to get a new station's URL off the web but
this is how I do it. I set iTunes so that it plays when Safari gets an
MP3 stream URL. Once it's playing in iTunes I get the URL from the
"Recently Played" playlist and drag it to my "Radio Bookmarks." Some
web radio sites give you the actual URL, you can type those into
iTune's dialog at Advanced>Open Stream.

As far as I know, BBC streams are not available in MP3 and can't be
played in iTunes. Pity.

Hope this helps.