Tool for splitting audio (aiff) files by time

Alun Carp alun.carp at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 6 01:23:32 PST 2003

Hello x-apps,

I am looking for a tool/application which will allow me to split an
audio
(normally AIFF) file into timed segments. Everything I've found so far
splits on silence.

The purpose: I have some recordings of sermons from my church which are
currently single tracks up to 1 hour long, when reproduced on CD I would
like to split them into say 1.5 minute tracks to make searching through
the
CD much easier.

Ideally I'd like an app which will take a cd, allow me to enter in the
split
time and track to split, it will then generate the required split track
files, then on insertion of a blank CD will burn it to CD with 0 sec
track
gaps.

Does anyone know of such a thing. I'm sure I could write something but
I'd
like to save some time. (I already have about 20 sermons to process!)

Thanks

Alun

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that
is inferior to McDonalds