[X-SW] Re- WHERE to place downloads

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 9 06:48:08 PST 2009

On 8  November2009, at 8:54 PM, Rupert Hoyte wrote:

> Unfortunately i do not have a menu which allows choice of
> destination.  Can you show me EACH step   (I;m sometimes quite
> dumb)   as to how to do this.   Thanks.  It could be the answer to
> several problems.

	In the Firefox menu, choose Preferences.

	In the Preferences box, choose the Main tab.

	There are three preferences there that will help you.  One says to
show the downloads window.  That window will tell you the progress of
your download.  One says "save files to" and gives you a place to
choose.   The third says "Always ask me where to save files."

	Check those boxes and you will have full control of your downloads.

									Peter