[X-HW] CD Tray opens on boot

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 4 11:23:45 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 12:55  PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
> To be more explicit, the CD tray opens once, only at startup. It
> closes on shut down. It stays closed if I reach over and close it.
>
> This behavior began shortly after installing MacOS X, although that
> may or may not be relevant.
>
> Any ideas?

Just so you know, I'm just grasping at straws here.

Have you gone into the Startup Disk panel of System Preferences and
re-selected your startup volume? Just trying to rule out the
possibility that the system is looking for a CD to boot from that's not
present.

Open up a terminal window and type "ls /Volumes" (no quotes) and hit
return. Make sure there isn't an alias to a CD in the list somewhere.
If there is, you will need to remove it so the system isn't trying to
mount it at startup.

That's about all I can come up with.

-Mike