[X Newbies] OS X Mail - National Do Not Call List

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Jun 28 07:54:01 PDT 2003

>I have thought about this and am hesitant to give the government anything of mine.
>
>I find that simply having caller ID and not answering the phone when it says the caller number is "unknown" has cut out 99% of all telemarketing calls.

Hee hee. The government already has your phone number.

There are many situations where the CID will display 'unknown' due to the phone system that a business or organization is using. While it may have removed 99% of your telemarketing calls, I can assure you that it has also removed a similar number of legitimate callers.

I'd suggest that you answer the 'unknown' for a few weeks and track them to see what percentage of them are desired before cutting them off totally.

My son's disability check was delayed for several months as my state's Disability Office tried to call and they were unable to reach me by phone for an interview which was required before they sent out the check.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through chunky peanut butter.