[X Newbies] Crash city

leigh lbdesigns at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 23:33:24 PST 2003

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 11:12  PM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

>> And which ones, specifically, would those be?
>
> Why don't you read the docs?

Because you made the comment. I thought maybe you could provide
examples, since you made the comment.

Also, I don't know which docs you're referring to.

>> I'm curious about how FaxSTF's failure to be accepted as a worthy
>> replacement for a product like GlobalFax could possibly be due to
>> "limitations of the OS."
>
> There is no GlobalFax for X or I'd be using it.

I realize that. GlobalFax is the standard according to many other
people.

And you missed the point...

>> And how that could possibly explain the fact that people didn't accept
>> the Mac OS 9 version of FaxSTF either.
>
> YOU may not have accepted it but plenty of folks that I work with use
> it
> just fine. Why should they buy something when a perfectly good
> application that works flawlessly for the occasional fax, came with the
> machine free? :-)

First of all, I didn't say that I didn't accept it. I don't fax from my
computers. That's what fax machines are for.

Secondly, I was referring to your comment in the context of what
Vincent wrote.