[X Newbies] Screenshots

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Tue May 6 08:25:21 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 08:55  AM, Florin Alexander Neumann
<alexn at ica.net> wrote:

> Am I missing something here? Why aren't you taking screen shots with
> Grab.app (who should be lurking in your Applications/Utilities folder)?
> It's quite versatile and it saves as TIFF -- which should pose no
> problems for Photoshop or any other self-respecting graphics tool.

Grab is in the Services menu too, but my sub-menu for it was grayed out
until I found it in Utilities and used it once. For some reason, when I
open and use Grab directly I can get screen shots even when it is still
grayed out in the Services sub-menu. Not going to try to figure this
out since I have a working solution. (-;

I've just put it onto the dock for quicker access (I take LOTS of
screen shots for dumping into Keynote, training presentations, and
printed instruction sheets). The TIFF quality is much better than the
PDF exported to JPEG. And any versions of Photoshop I've tested open
the TIFF just fine (4.x - 7.0)

Cheers,
Jenn