[X Newbies] Trouble starting up Classic mode

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Fri Feb 6 12:44:56 PST 2004

On Friday, Feb 6, 2004, at 15:11 Canada/Eastern, John Erdman wrote:

> [...] it appears that I (all of a sudden) have an extension conflict
> that hanging things up.

Right.

> This is odd, as I don't have an extension conflict when OS 9.2.2
> starts up and is operating.

No, it's not odd. OS X and OS 9 are two different operating system.
Classic is an evironment which emulates OS 9 under OS X. Therefore,
it's quite natural to see different behaviours -- especially when it
comes to hardware, which is controlled in a very different manner.
Solution? You know it -- enable extensions one by one (or use the
half-and-half method) until you locate the troublesome one. I'd begin
with hardware enablers or controllers.