expired MS office trial

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 12:52:57 PST 2004

> From: Gail Brown <gailb at tiac.net>
>
> I am running OSX.2.4 on aG3 iBook which came equipped with a trial
> version of Microsoft Office. The trial has expired. Now everytime I try
> to open a Word .doc, the Word app icon opens, appears in the dock and
> tells me it has expired and do I want to buy it, which I do not. How
> can I rid myself , or rather my iBook from this annoying message?

1. Select a .doc file. Don't open it, just SELECT it.

2. Get Info on it (cmd-i).

3. There will be a pop-up list under the "Open With" section of the
Info box. Pick an alternative application you would like to have open
.doc files.

4. Press the "Change All" button.

5. Uninstall the MS Office trial by locating it's folder(s) in your
Applications folder and dragging them to the trash, and emptying the
trash.

_Chas_

Mnemonic of the Year: ABBA -- Anybody But Bush Again.
http://www.abbaparty.com