[X Newbies] Setting up Mysql for use with OS Commerce.

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu May 6 10:11:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:19:33AM -0400, Lee Sargent wrote:
:
: Now the problem seems to be that I have installed incorrectly.

What exactly does this mean?

: I installed PHP before Mysql.
:
: Now that I have Mysql installed should I reinstall PHP to get it to
: recognize Mysql?

Not really.  If MySQL is not install locally, the PHP distribution
includes MySQL support (make sure you did a "./configure --with-mysql").

: If I can edit PHP to recognize Mysql how would I do that.

1) Make sure PHP is compiled with MySQL support.  See above.

2) Make sure osCommerce is configured with the correct settings to
access MySQL, i.e. hostname ("localhost"?), database name, the MySQL
username and password.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/