[X Newbies] Setting up Mysql for use with OS Commerce.

Lee Sargent Leon.Sargent at verizon.net
Thu May 6 10:35:22 PDT 2004

Eugene

> Not really.  If MySQL is not install locally, the PHP distribution
> includes MySQL support (make sure you did a "./configure --with-mysql").

I went back to the php-4.3.6 directory did ,/configure \ entered
--with-mysql ran make then sudo make install.

So I assume mysql is now hooked into Apache and PHP.

> 2) Make sure osCommerce is configured with the correct settings to
> access MySQL, i.e. hostname ("localhost"?), database name, the MySQL
> username and password.

Now I am hosting this web site locally In the documents folder of apache.

When I start the install.php file for oscommerce, I don't import a database
so I unselect that option and I select save configuration.

The next page configures itself  WWW address ( http://127.0.0.1/catalog/ ),
Webserver root directory ( /library/webserver/documents/catalog ), http
cookie domain ( 127.0.0.1 and http cookie path ( /catalog/ )

I don't change any of that and so I contine on to the next page and I this
is where I am currently confused.

It asks for the Database Server the options for that are hostname or Ip
address.  Then comes the username, password, database name and session
storage options.

This is where I must have to have a database.  Do I make the database use
Filemaker Pro 6?  What about this host name or IP address.  Where do I put
this database once I have created it?

I need a little guidance.  If you could help me further I would love it.  If
someone can chime in and help that would be just as great.  I am ready to
move forward and I appreciate your resources.

Sincerely.

Lee