[X-Newbies] Logitech diNovo Media Keyboard

Jon jwarms at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 20:02:34 PST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:04:09 +1100, Daniel Read
  <danielread at hillcode.com.au> wrote:

> A friend of mine is very keen on buying this keyboard and mouse
> combo (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/
> EN,crid=2295,contentid=7321,detail=2 ) to use with his iBook but
> all reports indicate that it isn't compatable with a mac.
>
> Has anyone tried to get it running under OSX? To use it with a pc
> you're required to install drivers and software but I'm wondering if
> there is a work around for the mac.

 From what I've heard, most Logitech mice/kb will work with OS X out
of the box. Of course, they have to be USB. And most Bluetooth devices
will work with OS X Bluetooth. I have a Logitech wireless kb and mouse,
they're not Bluetooth.

The option and command key functions may be reversed, but
Logitech has a cool control panel that gets installed in Sys Prefs, and
that fixes the problem.

Here's the link to the control panel:
<<http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/mac/
lccinstalldisk141.dmg>>

(I'm typing this on a wireless Logitech kb. In addition to fixing the
option/command keys, the control panel also automatically mapped the
kb's muting and volume keys correctly, the mail key to mail.app, and
other mappings I don't particularly used. Very nice!)

Out of curiosity, I wonder why Bluetooth is a requirement? The one
argument
for a BT kb that I can think of is that you don't need a dongle
rcvr/transmitter
if the BT module is built-in, but I think plain wireless is cheaper and
works
as well with easier setup.

Jon