[X-Newbies] was: Know of a way to keep it clean? Reply by Faronics

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 1 17:45:43 PDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 1:37 PM, Vincent Cayenne wrote:

> At 10:53 AM -0700 6/1/05, Jaynie wrote:
>
>> make the Mac restore itself to a
>> 'clean state' after logging out. I have googled this
>>

> From: Deep Freeze Products - Complete Workstation Protection
> <http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp>:
>
> "Deep Freeze protects millions of computers,
snipped

I just wrote them (Faronics - TechSupport) an e-mail to see if
denying access to individual OS X users was really their intent. I
certainly hope not. I'll post the reply. My message follows:

I heard about your product on a mailing list and came by to buy it
for myself and I find that you seem to not make individual licenses
available for the OS X version? Is this your intent? I would really
like to buy your software for my computer, but I can find no way to
order a single license for OS X. Not nice!

Their reply doesn't sound promising but I wrote to sales, perhaps it
would help if others did this, as well:

Dear David,

Thanks for the email; at this time the software for Mac OSX is only
available in volume license counts.

If you would like you can contact a member of our sales team for more
information at the link below:

https://www.faronics.com/html/sales.asp

Regards,

Adam Zilliax