[X-Newbies] Missing files after Panther update

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 2 11:34:16 PDT 2005

I just upgraded from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9 Everything seems to be working fine so
far except... 3 folders, 3 very important folders.

In the finder window there is the sidebar with the hard drives above and
main folders below - Applications, Documents etc. For my web work I have 4
folders there Favourites, for current work, Web template back up, Web
storage ( discarded stuff from various sites), and most important one called
web-site backup, with an obvious purpose.

Favourites is all there, but those other 3 folders get a box saying for
example The alias "Web-site backup could not be opened, because the original
item cannot be found"

I am assuming the upgrade may have something to do with it as it happened
and little else did except going into library to install some Photoshop
plug-ins.

I am an eager student of the computer but this is where holes in the
learning appear. I need basic advice on locating those folders. And is it
practical for me to somehow copy at least the functional sites (4 of them)
while causing minimal disruption to the sites?

Unfortunately my recently installed external HD had yet to copy those
particular files. It had to be the important ones to be affected, didn't it?

Thanks, Tony

Emac G4 60GB HD, 1 GHz, 1 GB SDRAM, partitioned '9' and '10', LaCie 160
Porsche external HD