[X-Newbies] Wait! I have a new question!

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Sat May 21 16:54:41 PDT 2005

>>  how can I save an index of each disk?
>
> select everything you want to index, and then copy and paste the
> text into the Texteditor. If you do it the right way you will only
> get the names of the files (I tried this at a Tiger demo and we
> several times copied the folder look (and not the name)

Thanks for the tip Vicki, in List view BBEdit will at least paste the
file or folder names. Unfortunately, the sub-folder names are placed
below all the folders and not directly below the container folder.

I had tried pasting into TextEdit which wanted to open everything---
don't go there!

Guess Disktracker is required here.

BWT,  this is OS 10.4.1