[X-Newbies] Buying Macs

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Apr 26 16:52:05 PDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> Steven Rogers said:

>>  just saving state sales tax can make a
>> significant difference.
>

> That is good advice, except the places that you mentioned are not
> where I
> would check.  Especially not MacMall, which, if you do a Web search,
> you
> will find that they often screw over customers.

I did not receive Steven Rogers's original message.

On the point about sales tax, in most states, one is still obligated to
pay tax on out-of-state catalog, telephone, and internet purchases.  In
Virginia, it is called a "use tax" which is equivalent to the sales
tax.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.