[X-Newbies] take my G5 to France?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Dec 1 18:55:19 PST 2006

Carole Wessel said:

>I have a Dual 2 GHZ  PowerPC G5 which I bought 2 years ago.
>I did call Apple Support, they said it was fine (just had to buy a new
>plug), but I had already ask them a similar question this summer for
>another computer and they told me the wrong answer

Here it is in black and white:

http://support.apple.com/specs/powermac/Power_Mac_G5.html

> Electrical and environmental requirements
>    * Line voltage: 100-125V AC or 200-240V AC

All that you need is a plug adapter, not a voltage converter.

France uses a two or three round prong plug.  You want the three prong
grounded one.

Here is one for $2:
http://www.vavolo.com/productdetails.asp?mode=1&ProductID=3219

You may also want a phone adapter for France if you are going to be using
your Mac's internal modem.

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html