[X-Newbies] Fwd: Lost sound after using Cache Out

Aldo Johnson deetya at cbn.net.id
Sat Feb 24 07:09:27 PST 2007

I followed one advice on:
http://www.macosx.com/forums/hardware-peripherals/270971-no-sound.html
and launched Garage Band, and now my sounds are back!?!?

MS applications have sound again.
Quicktime have sounds again.
Windows Media Player doesn't say that the clip cannot be properly
played because it doesn't have the proper codec.

That's kind of weird.

>Like the title says, I lost sound after I used Cache Out to clean my
>cache. But that's not the whole story.
>
>I lost sound only in some apps, like MS Word and Eudora. And the
>Cache Out app may not be directly responsible for this loss, it was
>just that it was app that was last used before the disappearance of
>sound... at least according to this old man's memory :-)
>
>Cache Out is a "utility for Mac OS X that specializes in deleting
>the caches files of the System and of Internet navigators.
>Additionally it can delete virtual memory file(s), erase system
>history files, as well as cookies and Internet-related
>navigation/download history files."
>
>So how can it suddenly makes MS Word mute?
>
>I tried turning off and on the "make sounds" button in MS Word, but
>that didn't help.
>
>I've tried logging out and in, restarting, but to no avail.
>
>What am I missing here?
>
>My mac: Mac Mini 1.42ghz system 10.4.7
MS Word X for Mac 1999

--
Being America's ally is far more dangerous than being its enemy.
--Henry Kissinger