[X-Newbies] Resampling in iTunes

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 23 13:35:20 PDT 2008

Can anyone refresh me on how to resample a MP3 from 66MB down to 10MB
in iTunes?

I used to do it when I had 600 MB stereo files from a CD recorder
that I had to post but now I've forgotten since I directly record
into the laptop using a program Audi Hijack Pro that does it with the
sampling rate I want.

I usually record my radio show and each 55 mins is 9.5MB when done in
24kbps and 22khz mono..

This file I would like to post is too big, it's about 40 minutes
long, but I am having no success at reimporting it to the correct
size and mono.

Thanks!

(PS - please send answers directly to my email -- I will look for
them. For some reason, list messages get caught in my spam filter...
thanks!)