[X-Newbies] Re: Time Machine

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Sep 28 22:45:16 PDT 2008

> From: "Brian Durant" <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
>
> As a new Leopard user (10.5.5), I have been trying to find out
> exactly what
> Time Machine can backup.

It backs up everything -- EVERYTHING -- on your boot drive.

> I would also appreciate a link to a "HowTo" in
> how to use Time Machine (backup strategies).

There's no "how-to" because there's no "how."

You don't do anything apart from connect an external drive to your
Mac, tell Time Machine (when it asks) that you want to use that drive
for your Time Machine backups, and ... there's no step three. TM will
make a backup of the entire drive (it takes a while, the first time)
and then after that will update the drive hourly with any new info
you've put on it. You don't need to do anything.

Cheers
Chas

My 80s music podcast! http://www.crustyoldwave.com