[X Servers] Serial connection?

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:15:54 PDT 2003

To follow up on my earlier message (and just for the record):

   - I have managed to get the Keyspan USB to Serial adapter working.
     This is the one that is designated for PDA's, NOT the high-speed
one,
     although I suppose the high speed one should work just fine also.

   - I have also found, now that I looked, that c-kermit was already
     ported to MacOSX awhile ago.  I had only to fetch it, compile it,
     and then do a few magic incantations with file and directory
     protections, and to the /var/spool/uucp directory, and off I went.

Serial port is working fine now.  Again, in my case, I am using
C-Kermit,
compiled for MacOSX (in my case, 10.2.5), and I am using the Keyspan
USB Serial adapter (part number USA-19) with the latest Keyspan OSX
driver.

Instructions for obtaining, compiling, and installing C-Kermit for
MacOSX (and other unix operating systems) can be found at:

   http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckuins.html

Keyspan USB serial adapter info and drivers can be found at:

   http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/pdaadapter/

FYI, /K