[X-Unix] Installing kismet using Fink

Alexandre Gauthier supernaut at underwares.org
Mon Oct 11 09:08:58 PDT 2004

>>The following additional package will be installed:
>>system-viha
>>Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
>>dpkg -i
>>/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/net/system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb
>>(Reading database ... 50179 files and directories currently installed.)
>>Unpacking system-viha (from .../system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
>>ld: can't locate framework for: -framework WiFi
>>Cannot link against the WiFi framework.
>>Did you forget to install it?
>>Hint: read the full description of this package.

>>It seems to be complaining against a missing framework, but the details
>>seems scarce. I am posting this in hope that someone better informed
>>could enlighten me on what package this aforementionned package would be
>>part of.
>>

>http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/system-viha

>Placeholder for Viha WiFi framework
>
>Install this package if you have manually installed the Viha WiFi framework,
>which is available as a precompiled binary from:
>http://www.dopesquad.net/security/Viha-0.0.1a.tar.gz  Follow the
>therein-enclosed README file for installation instructions.
>
>You may be able to get the same info by doing a "fink info
>system-viha"

Ah, la la la.
This is what I get for using fink when drunk. I suppose the line slipped
my eye many many times. Well, thanks for pointing it out.

--
Alexandre Gauthier
supernaut at underwares.org

underwares.org
Obscure IT knowledge Open Database

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is overhead for the operating system.