[X-Unix] Re: Apple dumping IBM, moving to Intel

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 08:05:28 PDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

> [...]

Seems like I remember that coming from Microsoft/Intel marketing.
Remember the DRM stuff they wanted to build into the CPU? The
"selling point" was that it made the system more secure. They (at
least MS) made it sound like the CPU was partially at fault for some
security problems.

IMO it was basically a FUD campaign used to sell DRM (and more CPU's
and OS's).

So your advice seems very appropriate :-)

-Mike