[X-Unix] SSH Tunnels and Network name problems

Paul pwblackb at uc.cl
Fri Oct 21 16:02:54 PDT 2005

On 21 Oct 2005, at 11:14, Jon Allen Boone wrote:

>  Have you tried changing the location setting before getting home
> (if wireless) or plugging in the network cable (if wired)?

Update: Upong trying to ping kasumi.local in Terminal, I get

kasumi-2:~ durandal$ ping kasumi.local
PING kasumi.local (146.155.46.233): 56 data bytes

That IP is the one assigned to it when at university, in the other
network Location setting.

In other words, my iBook thinks that there is a "kasumi.local"
somewhere on the network, despite the fact that this so-called
'kasumi.local' was itself when it had another IP assigned. Does this
sound reasonable?

Paul