[X-Unix] Is there a GUI utility for viewing UNIX man pages?

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 4 02:22:45 PST 2006

I've been using OS X (10.3.9) for a couple of months, after more than a decade of using Classic Mac OS and over a decade before that using BSD UNIX.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of GUI app that would let me view man pages without having to first retrieve them as text from the terminal interface and then open them with a word processor.

If not, is there a better way than doing 'man <name> | cat' and then copying the output from the teminal window to a word processor?

A related question: Is there a way to produce output from a troff-formatted document that can be read as formatted text by TextEdit of similar programs? (Does anybody even use troff anymore?)

 - Aaron