[X-Unix] kill and restart filemaker

Ferdinand Fuchs indy27 at mac.com
Wed May 31 00:21:34 PDT 2006

hello,

I try to make a script to kill filemaker (we use it with webcompanion and webstar for a website) if it hangs but have already problems at the beginning.

first how do I determine if filemaker hangs - I thought about to ping the port 5003, that uses filemaker, so the first line of my script would be

nmap -PE localhost | grep 5003 > /tmp/status.txt

now I thought I could use "if then else" but I couldn't find a syntax that would fit for

if status.txt does contain the word 5003 then kill filemaker and open specific filemaker-files afterwards else do nothing

it would be cool if somebody could give me a clue to create such a script - thanks!

ferdinand