[X4U] Which version of Windows with VPC?

Craig craig at craigwdesigns.com
Wed Oct 13 17:19:00 PDT 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 3:40 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> So far I have Win XP Pro and BeOS Max (V5 PE with updates) running on
> VPC 7,
> when running XP Pro one thing I seriously recommend is changing the
> default
> theme to "Windows Classic", as XP will be much more responsive.  I
> need to
> look into getting Win95 and Win98SE running as I've some old apps that
> won't
> run on Win2k, or WinXP.
>
> Has anyone managed to get Linux up and running?  I have another app
> that I
> need that only runs on Linux, and I'm not sure what versions of Linux
> will
> work under VPC 7.

I played around a lot with VPC a couple years ago, and among the
systems I had installed were Corel Linux & RedHat 6. Here's some
screenshots-woo-hoo! (everybody loves screenshots)
http://www.craigwdesigns.com/old/files/images/screens.html
I think only the first one maybe shows VPC.

How is the BeOS?
I purchased BeOS 5.0 pro back when it was new on store shelves...
  it installed just fine in VPC, but was useless due to no support for
USB keyboard & mouse, perhaps a more recent one like BeOS Max doesn't
even have this problem?
Did you put BeOS on its own disk image? If not, are you able to boot
straight into BeOS or do you have to start Windoze first? I've never
tried the PE version.

thanks,
Craig