[X4U] Cleaning Up Your iTunes 4.7 Library - Deleting Duplicates

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 28 08:54:33 PDT 2004

On 10/28/04 5:48 PM, "revDAVE" <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

> The new iTunes 4.7 has the ability to display duplicates songs.  But, be
> careful! ... before you go  deleting all the duplicates -  please check them
> out first! I¹m not exactly sure what Apple¹s criteria is for selecting
> duplicates, however if you¹re not careful, you can easily delete music you
> really might not want to.

It seems that the only criteria is song name. This is pretty dumb, actually,
since they could have used additional criteria. I have several groups of
songs with the same names - 801 actually, since a lot of classical music has
the same names for different movements, and I have a lot of jazz music with
multiple performances of the same tunes.

Sigh...

Kirk

                  Forthcoming book: iPod & iTunes Garage
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France