[X4U] BTV Pro errors

KJS explorerguy at mac.com
Thu Dec 22 13:33:46 PST 2005

>> From: KJS <explorerguy at mac.com>
>>
>> I purchased BTV Pro last week, but am having trouble capturing video. I've
>> sent several messages to the vendor, <support at bensoftware.com>, but
> haven't
>> received ANY responses, so I'm hoping one of you can help.
>>
>> The problem:
>> I'm getting an error message (999,-3) after a couple of minutes of
>> recording. I'm using an empty, brand-new 200GB hard drive, so I don't
> think
>> space is the issue.
>>
>> Maybe it's my settings, and I'll appreciate any suggestions as to the
>> optimum settings for capturing video from a VCR, which I intend to use to
>> export video to iMovie and iDVD.

Nick Scalise asked

> Give us more information. Hardware, OS, actual error, why BTVpro, etc.

Using a 1.8Ghz iMac G5 and an XLR8 Interview:
<http://daystar-store.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=61>.

The video stops after a couple of minutes and a small error window flips up
- error message (999,-3). That's it. Rather cryptic.

I used BTV in Classic, back in the day. So, when I was searching for an app,
BTV Pro seemed like a good choice. The app offers lots of options, though
they're all worthless if I can't get the video. :-)

As I mentioned, I've had no replies to my messages for support sent to
bensoftware.com, BTV's developer.

Thanks for your response.
Jerry