[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun May 1 09:56:28 PDT 2005

>How is it that Tiger cannot find files that Panther can?
>
>I then do a search in Tiger where the only criteria is
>       Name Extension=qtch
>
>Results=0
>
>The same search with Panther reveals there are 18 items with extension .qtch
>
>WTF?! It's now harder for me to find files in Tiger than it was in Panther!
>If someone can solve this problem for me, please do!

Tiger's Find is not indexed to search in places that most people
wouldn't be looking such as the System folder.

You may want to index more than most people. Use the mdimport
command. See
<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050424201429961#comments>
for more details.
--

Robert Ameeti

I'm Not Going To Have Some Reporters Pawing Through Our Papers. We Are The President.

- Hillary Clinton Commenting On The Release Of Subpoenaed Documents.